Monday 30 May 2011

Luton Carnival.

So I've been living in Luton for the best part of 6 years now ( moved on May 20th) So I've seen 6 carnivals. The first one i didn't go to as I had just moved, could here the music from my house though and it sounded live. Second, got grounded and couldn't go cause I had beef with my geography teacher . Prick. 2007 CANCELLED cause the rain came down and the floods came up. 2008 I went and it was good, still rained though but the music , food and parade was on point. 2009 I saw some good artists (funky/grime) then they locked it off and deaded it and 2010 was dry but it rained (usual). 2011 now and I worked and I'm actually glad I did , I wouldn't have gone anyway plus I got double money so its a win win thing. It just dawned on me that carnival used to be some big event when I was younger and now its minor and swag.I see it as something for youngers and families now . Also it's steadily getting worse as the years go by I think this might be the last Luton Carnival where I'm in Luton you know. Luton Town is known really for 4 things, an airport, the carnival, EDL march and a shit and unlucky football team. So yeah looking forward to moving back to LDN...onehundredpercent

No comments:

Post a Comment